How are you? Hope you all are doing great. Today, I would like to help in knowing about how Google AdSense work and how we can make money by getting that in our Website / Blog.
What is AdSense?
AdSense is a program that allows bloggers and website owners to make money by displaying Google ads. You’ve probably seen the ads all over the place, including in Google search results. Basically, Google gets the largest cut and you get a small percentage.
Here we are talking about the ads which are displayed on the website and Google pays you whenever user clicks on the ads. It is generally called as pay per click (PPC) which is one of the important ways to earn from a website almost all the blogging sites uses Google AdSense
Impression: This is basically the number of view on the page or post contains the ads.
Click: if someone clicks on the ads displayed on the post or pages.
When to start allowing Google AdSense on your website:
The most important things you should keep in mind that you need a significant amount of visitors on your website to have many numbers of clicks on the AdSense displayed on your website. So the most necessary thing is to first promote your website anywhere possible and try to increase numbers of visitor on a daily basis. Once the numbers of visitor and followers are significant enough then you should allow the AdSense to display on your website. However you can add AdSense from the first day you start your website, but it’s not worth it.
Tips –if you are a professional blogger or website owner and eagerly want to earn money, it doesn’t work that way. Please have patience because getting popularity and much more numbers of visitors is not a one day process.
Who and all are eligible:
If you are using a self-hosted WordPress website you can go to the AdSense website and apply for an account. Once your account is approved you will receive a code you can place anywhere in your website. If required you can use plugins for appropriate placements of ads
If you are using free WordPress you are not eligible to monetize.
If you use blogger you can use monetize option and manage AdSense account
Link to use Adsense account: https://www.google.com/adsense/signup
How much money I can make?:
The Most obvious and important Question which come to almost every blogger and website owner mind is that how much money we can make
Let me tell you there are lots of people who use blogging as a full time profession. So it’s very much clear that you can earn lots of money but how much? There are lots of blogger whom I know who didn’t make a single penny for more than 6-7 months but as I mentioned before being patience is key to this profession.
There is lots of variance in the how much you can make basically it depends on few factors
- Some ads worth more money per click than other.
- Numbers of view on the pages containing ads.
To understand this we need understand one term which is really important
CPM: Cost per thousand (CPM) is a marketing term used to denote the price of 1,000 advertisement impressions on one webpage. If a website publisher charges $2.00CPM, that means an advertiser must pay $2.00 for every 1,000 impressions of its ad.
If you earned $1 impression CPM, what would 1,000 visitors a day earn you?
If you know the CPM then the remaining variables are:
- Ads per page : The average number of ad units displayed per page impression
- Pages per visit : How many pages the average visitor views
- Pages per visit X Average ad units X Impression CPM = Revenue per 1000 visitors
A website serving an average of 3 pages per visit, each with 2 ad units and an impression CPM of $1 would therefore earn $6 per 1000 visits.
3. Number of Clicks on the ads
Basically it is fixed for each number of clicks, but there is different price for different ads
Things you should defiantly know:
- Never ask you friend or family to click on ads: Since the Google algorithm is really strong and have the logic which can easily recognize who are the people who are clicking on ads on frequently basis
- Never click your own ads: Strong algorithm of Google will recognize you and block your website from AdSense
- Don’t use more than 2 ads block on a single page: it will confuse and irritates user and may end up getting no click at all.
- Pay attention to your ads click: if immediately the numbers of click have increased within a day then something is wrong. If someone intentionally clicking on your ads everywhere on your website which may leads to banned your website from AdSense.